Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow Sculptures & Shyness

    
      Brett and I went to the snow sculpting competition at Navy Pier yesterday.  They are huge and amazing.  This one of Medusa was the winner.  I wish we had a picture of it from behind too because the snakes look really neat looping around in the back.
     Our favorite sculpture was the eels with the coral.  It had a lot of detail, a lot of them did.  One was an octopus and a skeleton with a treasure chest and a zillion little coins scattered around the bottom.
      People were taking pictures standing in front of the sculptures and Brett couldn't understand why.  So I made him take a picture of me standing by our fav.  There was a good turn out and it was pretty impressive.  Even the high school ones didn't look to bad.  Bretty was definitely in awe and I was glade we went.
     I also managed to get us home okay.  I think Brett was impressed and he just managed to hide it well.

     It felt like a crazy day at school today.  I feel bad for my new partner; he probably thinks I'm always a crazy face but I just felt behind all day.  We made like four different batters and piped some pastries.  It doesn't sound like much but jeezies.  We also had our first review with our chef, he told me I'm too quiet. It's not like I've never heard that before.  He asked my old partner what it was like working with me and she said after a couple days I opened up and that I talk a lot once I'm comfortable.  He was surprised.  And then my new partner told him that he likes my sense of humor.  He was surprised again.  Everyday he asks for a joke at the beginning of class and I'm going to find a joke; I'm sure he'll be surprised.
Brett's snow sculpture from the competition in Rockford.  Tiki Clause is over ten feet tall 



No comments:

Post a Comment