Friday, January 28, 2011

Bread Friday

Country Bread (shape: Couronne Bordelaise)
Multigrain
     I brought home two paper grocery bags full of bread today.  We finished almond croissants, made almond brioche (that uses bostock and my partner said the smell reminded her of a spa... in a good way) baked sourdough, mixed and baked country bread and a multigrain bread.  Woo! And we're only there for six hours.  Next  time you're at work and you look at the clock and go "It's only noon!" just know that I did all of the above by noon time.
Sourdough
     Monday we have new partners and start on petit fours.  I love bread but I don't imagine myself becoming a "baker" so I'm looking forward to all of the other classes.  Who know what I'll really be good at or end up doing... I guess time will tell.  I am going to miss my first partner but I'm excited about working with my new one.  We happen to  have the same chef for petite fours as we had for bread and he can be pretty entertaining.    
     Meanwhile, Brett is coming to see me this weekend!  Haven't seen him in about three weeks and I miss him bunches.  Saturday morning I volunteered to work a French Pastry Experience at school.  Just until noon, showing people around and helping with the demonstration (probably just doing dishes and such).

Almond Croissant and Almond Brioche

Welp.  I guess that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment