Sunday, January 2, 2011

Brett's 1st Visit

     Brett drove out here yesterday and I was very excited for him to see where I live and what my life will be like.  I made him tortellini for lunch and then we went out.  I took him to an el stop that Derek showed me and we wandered around in the cold.  We explored a giant used bookstore and tried to go to a record store.  It's not my fault it was closed for New Year's, I did take him there.  Then to try and take the edge off the chilly weather we stopped in a nerdy little coffee shop.  Bretty was jealous of the baristas ability to make pretty pictures in our foam.  It was also Brett's first time taking the el.  He made me feel knowledgeable and I liked it.  After that we made "whatever we can find in the cupboard" tacos and watched some LOST.  I made him start watching it a month or two ago and now he's hooked.  We watched a total of 8(!) episodes yesterday.  It was a fun day and a nice way to start the new year =)

No comments:

Post a Comment