Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Pastry Cream is better than yours

    Yesterday we learned just a little bit about knife skills and made a sweet dough.  Today we made our sweet dough into cookies and made pastry cream.  The pastry cream is amazing!  Every time Chef  Jon said something that could go wrong I knew what he was talking about because it described my old pastry cream.  And people liked my old pastry cream; I guess they just didn't know any better.  Chef Pierre showed us how to pipe chocolate and we get to try that out tomorrow.  His demonstration was super impressive, especially when I had a hard time just making the piping tip.
     I think my partner and I work really well together and I'm having fun.  I'm excited for the first time I get to really wow someone.  People like the things I make now but I've always known it could be better, I just didn't know how.  One thing I do know is that no matter what happens, pastry school is the best decision I ever made.  I am still ridiculously quiet but it's starting to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment