Saturday, January 29, 2011

French Pastry Experience

      Today I worked a French Pastry Experience at school.  I think I'm going to try and get Mom and Dad to go to one.  Anyone can go to these things, some people are interested in going to the school and some just go for fun.  We gave the people tours and they watched a demo and sampled tasty treats.  They also took home a gift bag and a loaf of fresh bread.  I wasn't too excited about giving a tour but it wasn't bad.  The people were all really interested and friendly, which made it easier.
     Tomorrow Brett and I are going to Navy Pier to see snow sculptures; he just did a snow sculpting competition that ended last weekend.  Here is the link to pictures from the competition http://www.snowsculpting.org/teamsstate.html his team was block 7.  I don't know yet what else we'll do, probably not much because we're both poor.  I don't really care if we do anything, I'm just excited to see him.

     The "For the Love of Chocolate" gala is next Saturday.  They strongly suggested everyone "volunteer".  I am excited to rub elbows with the pros.  I want to do a stage (job shadow) at Graham Elliot
http://www.grahamelliot.com/ but I didn't have the guts to call, so I sent an e-mail.  I know he's going to be there, so it would be neat to meet him and maybe make me less nervous. I have no idea what to expect at the event.  I think it'll be over the top and amazing.  Also very long, working all day means from 9 am to 1 am.  Yeup, I said 1 AM!  I know I'll survive; I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment