Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Plated Desserts

This is the final ice cream cake from last week.  Hazelnut 
dacquoise and chocolate ice cream sandwich buried in 
earl grey ice cream, and a dark/white chocolate 
wood grain around the side.

Glazed Pineapple with a Pineapple Chip and Mango Sorbet

     We started plated desserts this week.  We have a new Chef and new partners and I think I'm just getting into the groove.  World Pastry Champion Chef En-Ming Hsu is our instructor.  She has given us a ton of helpful knowledge and I am in awe of her precision and expertise.  The above photo is of the Chef's platting.  The technique for scooping the ice cream is called quenelling and it is not easy.  I tried a couple during my stage at ge and haven't done it again since.  I really need to practice.
And I get to see Bretty tomorrow!!!  Eeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment