Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nougat Mousse Cake

  
     This is a Nougat Mousse Cake.  It has two layers of pistachio decquoise (the cake), passion fruit gelee and nougat mousse sprinkled with chopped pistachios, pecans and dried cherries and apricots.  The gelee  has a really strong zing of passion fruit and is my favorite part.
     We found out how we did on our exams today.  For the practical exams I managed to get 87%.  I feel awesome.  I felt like things went well and it's such a relief to know that I'm not crazy; I really am okay at this.  To see the chefs notes on my product and it saying, "good job" and "very nice" was incredible!  And I don't think I dreamed it, there was even an exclamation point.  Wowsies.  They grade hard and they're rating you against the chef so a B is more than fine by me.
     Also, Kings of Pastry is now available instantly on Netflix!  Watch it, it's funny and entertaining (the boyfriend liked it too).

No comments:

Post a Comment