Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Cake and Macarons

     
     Saturday was Emy's first birthday.  I made a chocolate sponge cake with chocolate ganache and red velvet cupcakes with vanilla frosting.  People loved them and I can't lie, my chocolate cake was Amazing.  I used the recipe from a cookbook I bought a couple months ago.  It's called Sono Baking Company; it's the same name as the authors bakery.  





     Bretty made me breakfast yesterday because he loves me!  I'm just so gosh darn lucky!

I think he might be my Valentine 
     He took me out for sushi on Saturday night.  It was a tiny little place packed with lots of hungry Rockford-ians.  There was a couple ahead of us waiting for a table and the lady was very friendly.  I don't know if I've ever had a complete stranger talk to me while waiting for a table.  She asked the hostess why no one was sitting at a four top and they said they were keeping it open for a party of four.  I almost expected her to turn to us and ask if we wanted to share a table.  I told Brett later and he said he thought the same thing.  And you know what, I think we might've said yes.

Fresh Fruit Tart

Almond Tuile 

Pistachio Macarons and Chocolate Macarons with Earl Grey Ganache.


     This week we have our first exams, cross your fingers for me.


1 comment:

  1. I know you will do great on your test. Your fruit tarts look mouth watering :)

    ReplyDelete