Saturday, June 11, 2011

Last Exam



     Welp, I guess this is it.  We had our last exams this week and we graduate next Saturday.  This week we are working on our graduation buffet and cleaning.  It really did go by as fast as they said it would.  I'm really sad it's over, I never thought I would make so many friends and have so much fun.  I really enjoyed every minute of it.
     For the exam we made a chocolate showpiece, sugar showpiece, molded chocolate candy and hand dipped ganache.  Maybe everything didn't go perfectly and maybe some things didn't look awesome but I loved this exam.  It just felt like I was playing.
     I never had a chance in class to try pulling a sugar ribbon so when I heard it would be extra credit on the exam I knew I had to try.  I ended up with a little extra time the last day and I managed to put some on my piece.  I was super pumped.
     I also "accidently" knocked Chad's tray of chocolates off of the speed rack.  Oopsie

The sister hired me to make some 
petite fours for a baby shower.

Raspberry and Blueberry Tartlets
The berries are so glossy because I tossed them in 
apricot jam.  Just warm it up to thin it out a bit and 
BAM! you have yourself some shiny berries.

These little lemon tarts (half of them covered in ganache) 
may look a little rough but they are super tasty. 
And tiny, which equals adorable.

It was a tea party.

No comments:

Post a Comment