Monday, June 20, 2011

Graduation

     I graduated on Saturday.  What's next?  I do not know.  Now comes the fun part, finding the place that I want to be.  It might be a hotel, restaurant, pastry shop or I don't know what.  I'm curious to find out where I will end up. 
Pictures from the buffet after the ceremony:

Bread Crocodile 

Eiffel Tower made of flour and water by Chef Pierre

There was A LOT of food.

Sugar Showpiece made by some of my peers.

Rachie, Brett and I in one of the three 
kitchens I've spent the last 24 weeks in.

Me and Mom =)

There are mirrors above the Chef's table so the whole class can see what they're doing.  We are standing under one of these mirrors in this picture.  It was Rachael's idea but she was a little embarrassed by us actually doing it.
I love Chef Pierre!  He'll be talking to one person telling a 
story or explaining something and slowly a crowd 
will gather... everybody loves him.

Chef Scott, who taught us about chocolate and sugar showpieces, 
with Angela and I.  Angela was the very first intern for my class.  
Breads class wouldn't have been the same without her.

Julia and Alejandra, both staying in the city, thank goodness.  
We had many fun lunches together and lots of laughs. 
These two are a good example of how everyone in 
this business is a little weird.

  
     A bread showpiece!  It's amazing what can be done with just flour and water.  This an awesome example of the masters we get to work with.  Have you ever seen bread like this?  Eiffel Towers, crocodiles and a little baker man, it's freaking fantastic!
People in my class made this chocolate showpiece.  
Yes, even the copper pot is chocolate.

     Mom and Dad on the L.  On the way there they had to stand the whole twenty minutes it takes to get downtown.  Welcome to city life!
     It was a great day, the speeches at the ceremony were funny and heartwarming, the food was delectable and the people are outstanding.
    I never thought when I googled "baking school" that this was where I would end up.  I'm so glad I took a long thoughtful shower that day.  I'm super thankful for the immediate support I had from the boyfriend.  Jen and Rae both offered to let me live with them with out even batting an eye.  Mom, you have been a pillar of support in everything I've ever done or even thought out loud about.  And Dad's just happy I'm finally doing something.  Tony and Mai, I hope you move back to the states some day.  I'd love to work in the kitchen with you, Mai.  Hugs all around!

And thanks for the mixer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment