Sunday, September 4, 2011

Skydiving

skydiving |ˈskīˌdīvi ng |

noun
the sport of jumping from a perfectly functional aircraft and performing acrobatic maneuvers in the air during free fall before landing by parachute.

Mom bought her video and you get to see me jump in it too!

The people at this place were great, I'll definitely be going back =) 



On Wednesday I woke up and Mom said, "Do you know what today is!?" and I said, "...?" 
"We're going skydiving!" 


     I really loved it.  They said once you're up in the plane things start to get real and you'll feel the nerves kick in.  Mom and I were still fine.  They said when you have to go put your legs out of the door of the plane, point your toes and arch your back that people have a hard time.  We did not.  I think that was my favorite part.  I'm hanging out the door of a plane! Awesome!

There I go!  Best feeling ever. 

Honestly I don't think there was a thought in my head... 
just WEEEE!

That's my Mama!

I got to pull the cord.

The parachute opening was a bit jarring =)

After the parachute opens it's super quiet and peaceful.  
We chitchatted and he let me steer for awhile, I loved it. 
 People may think I'm crazy for thinking skydiving was relaxing 
but it's true!  You don't know until you've done it.

We had a very smooth landing (no rolling as Derek pictured it) 
and I landed on my feet.  Mom's wasn't quite so smooth 
as you can see in the video.

Mom and I both had a blast.  I already plan on going back 
next summer and Brett said he'd go with me! 
I don't know if I can wait that long...

No comments:

Post a Comment