Sunday, March 27, 2011

Boosh!


     My stage at Graham Elliot has come to an end.  I spent four long Saturdays there and it was more fun than I could of hoped.  I owe a huge thanks to Chef Gabe (Pastry Chef) for making me so comfortable there and giving me all the confidence that I had lacked.  All of the Chefs are super friendly and helped me feel like I wasn't just a bumbling idiot messing up their kitchen.
     I even learned to do the "spin move" in my time there.  A certain Chef, who for his sake shall remain nameless, took a lot of pride in his ability to spin Chef Gabe, catching him unaware.  So when he was least expecting it I, the lowly pastry stage, spun like the best of them; he was served a taste of his own medicine and to make sure he grasped the reality of the situation, I exclaimed "Boosh!" (something he is known to say on occasion), right in his face.  It was an epic moment and this story will be retold for years to come.  And that is what you get for messing with Chef Gabe.
     Chef Bowles had been out of town for sometime and as it was his first Saturday back in his own kitchen this week, there was cause for celebration.  I had the chance to introduce myself to him, just before all of the chefs and I were treated to a shot by the man himself.  And yes, this was before service.  I don't even know what it was a shot of, all I can say is that it tasted like burning.
     This was my first exposure to the restaurant world and it was awesome.  Brett and I are going to go and enjoy Graham Elliot from the front of the house next Thursday.  I'm excited for him to see what I've been lucky enough to be a part of this last month.  I don't know if I would of had the guts to move to the city and go to pastry school without his encouragement.

So thank you Brett and Graham Elliot, especially Gabe, 
for making me even more Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment