Sunday, December 19, 2010

Janitor Keys

     I live in the city now.  I'm trying to train myself to call Jen's home and Mom and Dad's will just be Mom and Dad's (sorry mom).  I moved yesterday and I wouldn't say it was fun but maybe a bit of an adventure.  I have fifty-thousand keys to get into the apartment and I now feel indebted to Rachael for helping me move furniture and drive the moving truck in the city.  I also learned that she's been a little stressed lately and it's not my fault :)
     Brett met Rachael and I at my storage unit near Mom and Dad's to help us out.  I had to empty the unit so I needed to move the couch I'd been storing into my old bedroom.  When we got to Mom's it didn't look like we'd be able to do it. But first things first, we got it in the door.  It was then that we realized we were going to have to flip it over the railing to get it upstairs. Somehow we did and no snowmen were harmed in the process.  Brett had to take my bedroom door off the hinges and move my tv out of the way so we could shove that sucker in.  So now there is a couch in the middle of the room and a pile of cable cords and such on the floor, (and we did put the door back on the hinge, even though we* thought it would be funny to leave it somewhere randomly in the house).
     The rest of the trip went pretty smoothly though nerves were high.  I'm so glade Rachael volunteered and I didn't have to beg anyone.  She did tell me she would never do it again but I'm definitely grateful she did it this time.
     Long story short, I stayed up until 1:30 and got completely unpacked.  Voila!



Thanks Rachael*, Brett, Jen and Derek for helping me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment