Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Hills Are Alive

     Welp, it's after Thanksgiving so I guess it's time to pack.  But first!  I went to my sister Rachie's yesterday with Mom.  We saw The Sound of Music sing-a-long at The Music Box theatre in Chicago.  We all loved it, it was super fun since I've grown up watching it.  Mom almost lost her voice from singing and from barking at Rolfe.
  
      (props from the sing-a-long now in my photo album) 

     Anyway, the point is that every time I go to Chicago I feel a little more at home.  I love the bustle of the city; I want to bustle!  The only place I have to bustle around here is the grocery store and ironically it's called Pacemaker.
     It's a whole new life I'm starting.  If you had told me a few years ago that I was going to go to pastry school I would've been ecstatically surprised.  But! If you had told me I was going to school in the city, I would have said you were crazy.  Because not only did you think you could tell the future but I wouldn't have thought it possible for me to get out of here.  I thought this was it for me and I am really proud of myself for not settling.  Time to move on!
     No packing tomorrow though, it's a date day.  Brett's going to miss me so much when I go off to the big city without him, that I have to give him as much attention as I can now.  I've definitely been thinking about what I'm going to pack at least: my bed, some clothes, winter outerwear and such. Yeup.
(35 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment